Bad Pastors Are Tarnishing Christianity

Full article at: Bad Pastors Are Tarnishing Christianity | World Events and the Bible

As Christians, we have dedicated our lives to God. That means, we study the Bible, and to the best of our ability, we follow the direction contained within the Holy Scriptures. Yet, we all fall short at times, but we repent, and we move on, and we renew and rebuild our walk with Jesus Christ.…

3 Likes

After reading this, some verses came to mind.
When things like this happen, it tarnishes the Lord’s name, and His representatives, Christian.

I don’t think people realize a big part of taking the Lord’s name in vain is by not following His commandments for the Christian life. (Exodus 20:7)

In vain:
in the sense of desolating; = barren, lifeless
evil (as destructive), literally (ruin) or morally (especially guile); figuratively idolatry (as false, subjectively), uselessness (as deceptive, objectively; also, adverbially in vain): lying

We hold our politician’s word to a higher standard than the Lord’s.

Moses entreated for the people because of the wrong impression it would give the heathen. (Exodus 32:11-12)

When the pulpit speaks what is considered vanity, it leaves the wrong impression and indoctrinates many. (1 Peter 4:16-17)
Staying in the grey area does too. (Revelation 3:15-16)

6 ft above is right…how sickening

Revelation 22: 19 Not that any foolish man is capable of tarnishing Christ’s name, that’s not the offense. The offense is lying to his children that seek him and offending them.
Proverbs 26:9 Proverbs 26:12 Proverbs 25:19 Amen I know that’s right!

Father God help our lives to represent your goodness and mercy. Help us to stand against the world and keep our eyes on Jesus. Expose those who are false and out to do evil. Help the church to live our lives pleasing to you, remove the world from your church and help us to live our lives pleasing only to you and not the world. Come quickly Lord Jesus…save us from ourselves!

3 Likes

Those are some good verses especially when applied to politics.

When one tarnishes someone’s name, even Christ, it doesn’t make it true. Just like gas lighting.

Many have had their names, reputations tarnished, by peoples or groups to take them down. Many times, they end up in court in a lawsuit to prove one way or the other.

The same happened to Christ. They needed liars to come forward so they could pin a false charge on Him. Publicly, this tarnished Him, to the masses, but not in actuality since it was all a lie. (Mark 14:56)

Today, God’s word is tarnished in the eyes of the masses by those saying it is racial, unfair, homophobic etc.

Good verses for all self proclaimed ministers of the word too. Especially the Christ for profit institutions. ‘big business’
People who preach false doctrine do not tarnish the word of God or the gospel.
That’s impossible. Christ knows who they are and knew their hearts before they do it.
Probably the worst offenders were the chief priests who paid ransom to perpetrate the lie that lie that many believe to this day. Mathew 28: 12 thru 15

2Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine ; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Saw this and it sure does hit the nail on the head! It is the modern church MO.

May I remind you that God has not called pastors to give upbeat messages each Sunday so that you leave feeling warm and cozy! The modern evangelical church, sad to say, has often very deliberately taken the marketing strategy of the secular business world.

If you want to attract and keep your customers, you’ve got to give them what they want. Otherwise, they’ll take their business to your competitor who does a better job of meeting their needs.
So, churches have fallen into giving people what they want to hear, rather than lovingly, faithfully telling them what they need to hear, which is the straight truth of God’s word.

Unfortunately, Religion is one of the 4 hidden dynasties satan uses, along with Politics, Economics and Education! Take a look at the going’s on of all 4. It is quite obvious who the puppeteer is.
That’s why I think many religious leaders aren’t toeing the line. Satan has installed his helpers not only behind the pulpit but in all departments listed above, well actually, we installed them! We vote for them, we bank with them, we send our kids to be indoctrinated by them.
And as I just typed that sentence, it made me wonder, is that the meaning of the mark of the beast? Being involved with and helping along the 4 hidden dynasties by participating in the “beast system”? Thoughts?
I know we have to live here, and God IS in control, ultimately, but this world and its “dynasties” at this time, belong to the devil. (And I know there are good people in all those departments)

I really enjoy reading all the info and comments on here. I’m 62, been in church most of my life and until about 5 years ago, had been taught NOTHING of substance about the Bible! I never latched on to the Adam and Eve apple theory, or the rapture theory! I knew there was more to it!
So glad I found your site! I had been searching for a site discussing world events and the Bible especially since I believe we have been in the parable of the fig tree since 1948. Does anyone know how many years a generation is?

:pray:
Dena

https://worldeventsandthebible.com/parable-fig-tree

Dena,

This is a study you need to see. It will answer your questions and explain the parable in more detail.

1 Like

I think the parable of the weeds sheds some light on this. Matthew 13:24-30.
Verse 29 shows we can’t totally get away from the world and the tares till the final harvest.

1 Like