Are the images used on World Events and the Bible website real or Photoshopped?

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your articles published in World Events and the Bible and also creating this community forum for further discussion.

With respect, if you "…don’t have much more to add.’ perhaps further objective research is necessary to reveal truth in the light of Scripture?

Could the god of this world be responsible for propagating deceptive humanistic ideologies which unwittingly prevent anyone thinking otherwise?

Apparently the earliest known globe model of the earth was produced by Stoic philosopher Crates of Mallus about c. 150 BC.

This reminds me of these words written in Genesis 3:1, “Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?”

I believe the Bible as the Word of the Lord, and seek to test everything in the light of Scripture. In questioning the so called 'globe theory’ I find it fascinating that you raise an intriguing question - '…the shape of the earth is not relevant to this discussion’.

Perhaps it is a fundamental truth, thus not to answer it affirmatively casts doubt on the whole of Scripture. Can the Word be trusted?

Job 38 is well worth reading: “Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? “Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.”

May the Spirit of truth be our guide, always.

Here are a couple of questions I posed to @brandonward1 via twitter on the 6/9/22 & 7/9/22, which remain unanswered.

1. Where do you source the CGI (computer-generated imagery) of a globe?

2. Are the images used on World Events and the Bible website real or Photoshopped?

twitter [dot] com / brandontward1 / status / 1566801750350352384

Thank you

Kind regards

Jeff

Jeff, it looks like you came to hunt me down. :slightly_smiling_face: I did respond to you, I don’t get to do that for everyone. There’s a lot more of you than me.

To answer your question, we purchased our image from a graphic designer. I think it’s pretty obvious it’s not a real photo of the earth. We just like the way it looks. Interestingly enough, your avatar is not a real image either, right? It’s just for fun.

However, to assume all the photos of space and the earth are fake is not something I believe. It’s not just NASA, but Russia, China, the European Union, SpaceX, Blue Origin, etc that have space programs. Are they all in on it? I’ve worked in telecommunications, and we use satellites to make it all function. These days, everyone uses satellites and they don’t even realize it; ie: GPS (global positioning system).

We’ve had the opportunity to observe the planets through the lens of a high end professional telescope. Saturn’s rings are amazing, and all the planets are spheres. We have been to the ocean and observed ships appearing as if they are sinking into the ocean. Of course, this is due to the curvature of the earth. The light from the lighthouse we visited in Oregon is only visible for 11 miles out to sea, due to the curvature of the earth.

I’ve heard it stated many times, it’s deception to believe in a global earth. I’ve heard all the reasons for a flat earth. None of them are convincing. To me, the concept divides Christians for no reason or gain. It cheapens Christianity, and gives people another reason not to believe. If you want to believe, more power to you, but there is simply no benefit for God’s Kingdom.

4 Likes

I started reading up on this topic a while ago and was planning on doing a deep dive into it. Then I stopped myself. Why? Because it really doesn’t matter…at least not to me. We all know there is lots of deception in the world. In my opinion, there are other more important things for me to dig into.

4 Likes

It’s funny your the one who gets to say what cheapens or benefits Christianity. Guess that’s your perspective right ? :wink:

Hi Brandon,

To-date there is no response from @brandonward1 on your twitter feed. Please see attached screenshot.

However, I find in intriguing that your avatar here has been changed from a spherical globe to the current photo clearly demonstrating water is level and doesn’t curve. Hmmm…

Thank you for confirming that these images are produced by a graphic designer and not actual photography. Phew!

Kay raises a pertinent question - ‘…it really doesn’t matter.’

Perhaps this is a fundamental truth, thus not to answer it affirmatively casts doubt on the whole of Scripture. Can the Word be trusted? If Martin Luther questioned Nicolaus Copernicus unbiblical theories, shouldn’t we too?

Even NASA acknowledges the earth is stationary and does not rotate.
https://ntrs.nasa.gov/citations/19890005752

I believe the Bible as the Word of the Lord, and seek to test everything in the light of Scripture. Revelation 9 clearly affirms the biblical geocentric model over a heliocentric model. Where is the bottomless pit on a globe? Could this explain the deception?

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.” - Thomas Sowell

May we all heed these words from Timothy.

“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.” - 2 Timothy 2:15 ESVUK

Kind regards

Jeff

You have a reply in your screenshot and my avatar has not changed, there is a system profile and mine. The globe is clearly present on this site. You won’t find a flat earth audience here. I wish you the best.

So Brandon does the audience here all deny the Deity of the Son of God? Or just you? Cause if you are not clear in your statement of faith or belief in the Son of God on your web page you might be leading people to believe you do which is deceiving. Since YOUR JESUS is not People should know if they believe Jesus is Deity You believe in a different Jesus! Just as different as the Jehovah witness Jesus is. Because people might have a different view or question what you have to say or preach with a little more scrutiny knowing you believe in a Jesus that is NOT God.

1 Like

Hi Brandon,

This wasn’t referring to your@twitter profile pic, rather this blog. Ironically though you post a clear image of the biblical earth. :wink:

If your are unable to answer any of these questions and resort to diversionary tactics maybe you’re unable to divide the Word truthfully?

Apparently objective discussion isn’t welcome here. Reading between the lines maybe you’re a wolf in sheep’s clothing. An astute observation from ‘Roman’… So are you a believer or some other erroneous sect looking for an audience?

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”

John 3:16-17 Authorized (King James) Version

In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Amen!

Jeff

All of my studies are public front and center, sent out in emails, and so on.

Roman, you created an account here in the beginning, then got upset because I didn’t agree with you. You said you were done reading, so you unsubscribed from our newsletter and disbanded your account here. Even though in your prior emails you said this website blessed you.

Apparently, you’re still reading, since you’re back with a new account to pick a fight as I don’t believe as you think I should. You believe in a flat earth, jews being the devils kids, and several other things we disagree on. Troublemakers are not welcome here. You do not seek to contribute to a positive environment, you only seek to tear down. I typically find that with people who hold your beliefs. Once you disagree, then all hell breaks loose.

3 Likes