A little about me

Use the following questions as a template, or create your own introduction from scratch!

Introduction:

1. What was your first job? Ice cream counter girl at Roses Department Store in 1966 when I was 15.

2. Been pleasantly surprised by anything lately? Surprised at how many Christians don’t know their Bible, even those that say they’ve been Christians for 10 or more years!

3. What’s something you want to do in the next year that you’ve never done before? Meet Jesus!

4. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited? Right here where I live in San Diego for the last 42 years.

5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever heard? My daddy used to say, “Common sense is NOT common.” I learned later how right he was. But Jesus’ advice out does them all! One of my favorite verses and advice from the Lord is from James 4:7-8 [Lori’s translation] “If you draw close to Me, I will draw close to you and the enemy will flee!” How do I draw close to the Lord? Be a PRO Christian, (P)ray, (Read) God’s Word, and (O)bey God’s Word. Always works for me! Only wish I’d known this before I hit my teen years! But of course, I never heard the Gospel until I was 29! Ever since I got saved, I make sure I share my faith and the Gospel to everyone the Lord sends my way.

6. Do you collect anything? Used to collect replicas of famous lighthouses in the US, but not anymore, I have plenty. When I was growing up, I used to climb as high as I could up into the Cape Hattaras lighthouse and sit on the window sill to check the waves, but it’s been closed off to the pubic for many years now. :frowning:

7. When did you become a Christian? When I was 29 when I moved to San Diego in 1981. I grew up in a small town in the South (Hampton, VA), surrounded by families who were at church on Sunday mornings, so had to wait until noon for the kids to get home to have someone to play with. :frowning: I never was invited to church, Sunday School, or VBS by anyone so I never heard the Gospel until I was 29 when I moved to San Diego. Very sad that I had to move 3000 miles away to hear the Gospel, which I 100% believed the first time I heard it. Thank you Lord for leading me to You!

8. Got any phobias you’d like to break? I have only one phobia or “fear”, and that is that the Lord will not take my life and leave my son behind who is paralyzed from a surfing accident. I’m thankful that he is also a Believer. But, there is no one available that is capable of taking care of him and he may end up in one of those horrible state-funded facilities. I pray that the Lord will take us both in the rapture SOON!

9. Got any favorite quotes? Most of God’s many promises to us in His Word (over 800 according to Pastor David Jeremiah). Hard to pick just one, but here’s one of my many favorites: Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.”

10. What are your hobbies? I was a surfer for over 40 years, a ball-room dancer for over 30 years, a programmer/engineer for over 40 years, but my absolute favorite hobby since I’ve been saved, is to study God’s Word at the deepest levels, which continue to enlighten me on God’s treasures hidden in His Word for us to find. For example, did you know that the Gospel message is included in the names of the patriarchs from Adam to Noah? In Hebrew, Adam means “man”, Seth means “appointed”, Enosh means “mortal”, Kenan means “sorrow”, Mahalalel means “the Blessed God”, Jared means “shall come down”, Enoch means “teaching”, Methuselah means “His death shall bring”, Lamech means “the dispairing”, and Noah means “rest”. Thus, put it all together and it’s the Gospel message: “Man was appointment mortal sorrow [because of sin]. But the Blessed God [Jesus] shall come down [to earth as a human] teaching us that His death [on the cross] shall bring the dispairing [sinners] rest [to be with God forever].”

Bonus!

1. How long have you been a reader of our site? Just found the site today and love it so far!
2 Likes

Welcome and thank you for sharing with us :hugs: May Our Lord be with you and your son always in Jesus Christ Name Amen :heart:

Welcome to the community Lori, it’s great to have you.

My wife was from San Diego! Beautiful place.

1 Like