I almost killed Brandon last night

I thought I would share this funny story.

Last night, I woke up at 3am screaming OUCHHHHHH. Brandon did a pretty good karate kick to my ankle. Full on hard kick! :martial_arts_uniform:

Immediately, he said, oh my, I was kicking a German Shepherd! He told me he had a dream that he was on a bicycle and a dog was chasing him. He said the dog got really close and he had to kick it…

uh huh… I don’ know if I buy into this story for spousal abuse… :thinking: lol

Anyone else ever did the whole sleep walking, sleep talking, or I should say, sleep “action” thing?

1 Like

Yup.
My wife decided to open the window on my side in the middle of the night and rattled the blinds. I woke up, saw a dark figure over me and thought someone broke into the house through the window. I jumped up and grabbed her by the neck and arm. She yelled, I yelled, and we lived happily ever after.

1 Like

Brandon needs to realize that dogs know who the cat lovers are, even in their dreams. :joy:

1 Like

I just dont know about that story either!! :wink: :rofl:

I have a husband AND a son that are 2 peas in a pod. They literally start laughing in their sleep…like belly laughing! I can be sound asleep and i wake up to laughter!

Oh…on another note…way back when we were in bed and Pat my husband was sound asleep. I was laying there thinking about his Christmas present. I was getting him a hunting knife and didnt know if I should engrave it or not. All of a sudden he says “Just engrave the knife.” I nearly smacked him…well, i might have a little. This guy ALWAYS guesses what my present is for him. Now how the heck did he know what I was thinking!!! It still kind of freaks me out a little!! :flushed:

1 Like

Maybe you talk in your sleep.

3 Likes

I’m still thinking about that dog snout coming for my ankle. :guide_dog: I was thinking, if I stop peddling to kick him he’s gonna get me! If I don’t kick him, he’s gonna get me anyway. So I let um have it. Didn’t realize it was the wife who actually got it! I gotta say, I learned that judo kick from @karnold331! :smile:

@sNOwflakes, We cracked up at your story.

By the way, I was always a dog lover, German Shepherds are my fav. Then we found this stray cat, and you know what she told me? “Cats rule, dogs drool!” P.S. Cats are still out front by 2! :grin:

2 Likes

But I wasn’t sleeping! We had just gone to bed and of course, he can fall asleep instantly while I lay there for an hour at least before I fall asleep.

Hey great to hear! Your wife may need to learn a little kick defense now :rofl: :call_me_hand:

1 Like

A few months ago my wife had to wake me up. In my dream I was folding laundry in the basement, and there was a grappling dummy (basically a punching bag shaped like a human) off on the other side. I looked over and it sat up, then stood up. So I ran over and started trash talking it and about to throw some punches. In my dream its name was Carl.
I was really breathing hard so my wife nudged me. I don’t even know a Carl!?

3 Likes

I had a dream I was playing in a soccer game. I have never participated in soccer. In this dream I was about kick the ball for an attempted score. As I did, I kicked so hard that I rolled off the bed fell hard on the floor. It woke my wife and she freaked out.
I explained my dream and she said, “it’s a good thing you kicked that side of the bed or else you would with Jesus.” I kicked with left leg and I’m right footed.

2 Likes

Ahh yes Ken! No wonder we get along. You would have had a blast with me playing bball as a kid. Nothing but trash talking on the court.:smile:

1 Like

I only trash talk to motivate, not to put down :innocent:

2 Likes

Ohh umm, yeah, that’s what I meant. :grin:

1 Like

As a grade schooler we played soccer on the play ground every recess. I would occasionally dream that I was right in front of the goal and the ball was rolling strait at me and I would kick all of the covers off of the bed, my wife was not very understanding. I would have that dream every so often until I was in my mid twenties. My favorite dream was being able to float in mid air and at any height for as long as I wanted or run and leap as far as I wanted to. I stopped having that dream at age 15 or so. That dream was so real that once I actually tried to float outside after I had woke up, I was sure that I could do it.