Did Jesus Preach To The Spirits In Prison?

Full article at: Did Jesus Preach To The Spirits In Prison? | World Events and the Bible

When Jesus was resurrected, He sat at the right hand of God. Sometime after, Jesus went to hell, to the spirits in prison to help them obtain salvation.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Carlson spreads propaganda please let me know what exactly you mean?

It’s a perfect plan (God’s plan) to get a many as possible into the eternal family with Him.

Does this mean that those on the wrong side of the gulf get a second chance into heaven( the right side)?

I’ve never rally heard much teaching/preaching on this subject. Great job bringing this to light.

In my mind, after reading what I found years ago, thought well this makes sense that those who hadn’t lived or had the opportunity to know Christ would need or have to have the chance.

So from, the time of Noah or even before that time He preached to them?

I’ve also noticed through the years, a lot of people don’t make the distinction of which hell is being used in scripture. Let alone the thought of the lake of fire vs tormented feeling pain every moment for eternity.

Topics like this are very interesting to me. The obscure ones for sure.

MarkKane, welcome to the forum, thanks for joining us!

You ask a really good question, but there are no second chances.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

We live once, then we are judged. However, that might not exactly be a fair shake. To live, die, and be judged. In my mind, you have to have a chance to begin with. Just because we lived on earth, does that mean we had a chance?

I don’t think so.

Every year, 75 million babies are aborted. They certainly didn’t get a chance. Then we have the mentally ill, the handicapped, and so on. Did they get a chance?

I don’t think so.

Now, what about non-believers?

Touchy subject. I’ve answered it via email, but I want to refine it for the site in the future. Would God judge someone to eternal death because they refused to believe in the Bible? What if all they heard from their pastor was a 6,000-year-old earth, we all came from Adam and Eve, or another highly contested subject?

• What if the consensus on those subjects are wrong?
  • What if that consensus caused someone not to believe?
  • Would that be fair for God to judge them to death?
  • Could there be some “safety net”?

Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Interesting, right?

Remember, during the Millennium the “priests of God and Christ” are going to be teaching. Who are they going to be teaching? Also remember, those who do believe are rewarded with God’s Kingdom, (Mat 25:34, Rev 2:26-27, 5:10, see: How Do We Obtain The Crown Of Righteousness?).

As Jesus said,

Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. - John 20:29

4 Likes

Thanks. That helps to bring clarity.

1 Like

I’ve been reading and researching but now I’m more confused.

When we die, our spirit returns to God in Heaven.

In Heaven, we are on the right side of the gulf or the wrong side. Those who are in JC are on the right side (Lazarus). Who are those on the wrong side (Rich man)?
Where are the aborted, mentally ill, handicapped, etc.?

Then comes the Millennium. Those on the right side will teach with JC to those on the wrong side.
Who are those on the wrong side? Are they the ones on wrong side of the gulf (rich man)? If so, isn’t this a second chance?

After the Millennium is the White throne judgement. Who are judged? All those from the Millennium?

Thanks for your time.

2 Likes

It sounds like you got it, but Scripture doesn’t outline the minute details.

It stands to reason, it’s anyone who didn’t accept Jesus. Certainly people like the Rich Man. People who fit Gal 5:21, 1Co 6:9-10. The point being, the “unrighteous” are on the wrong side of the Gulf in Heaven for certain.

What about the aborted, miscarried, mentally ill, and so on, which side?

We don’t know about them for certain. Either side would make sense here. Since they are all untried, it’s possible the wrong side, but it’s only my opinion. People like the aborted and miscarried could very well be there with Abraham. Again, we don’t have these details.

What about good hearted unbelievers, are they condemned to the Lake of Fire?

I spent most of the last two days writing about that and second chances. When they are completed, at some point, I will publish those studies for everyone.

What about the hundreds of millions of people who lived before Jesus?

I’m working on all of this right now.

The ones on the wrong side are the same batch as before. Once we die, we go to one of the two sides, and we stay there until Judgement Day, at the end of the Millennium.

Now, will “everyone” on the right side of the Gulf be priests? On some level, but think about a Government. That’s what God’s Kingdom is, a Government, even a global government. There will be many varying positions. Not everyone can be the head honcho.

When I think about this life, I think of it as an election. We are all running for office in God’s Kingdom. You have to prove your worth by living according to the Book. If you do, you get the nod. However, not everyone got an opportunity to run for office, so that’s what the Millennium is for.

On the first day of the Millennium, those on the right side are judged for what’s stated in Revelation 20:4. Therefore, the only other people to be judged are those on the wrong side of the Gulf, the “unrighteous,” and whoever else. Again, the same batch as always. Once we die on earth, we go to Heaven, but either the left or right side of it.

The Millennium is where God fine tunes who is “saved.”

There’s no second chances, not if someone really had a chance to begin with. I think that’s where most people get hung up. Only God is the Judge, we don’t know what qualifies as a chance in certain conditions. Remember, even evil people God can control. Like Pharaoh as one example. Where’s Pharaoh going?

If there were second chances, then this life makes no sense. Let’s just skip this life, and move into the Millennium, and figure it out there. Let’s save us all some time and heartache. Instead, the reason for this life, aside from salvation of course, is to see who will be in God’s Kingdom, who is going to help rule it.

So then, let’s walk through the Millennium.

There’s teaching going on, obviously to save some people. A thousand years of it. That’s a lot of teaching. Meanwhile, Satan’s locked away. But then, at the end of the Millennium God let’s Satan out!

Then what happens?

Once again, Satan turns people against God. Yes, after all of that. Satan gathers a ton of people together “to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.” So all these people go attack God’s Captial. Yet, they’re instantly wiped out, (Rev 20:7-10). That is probably the Lake of Fire being issued right there.

3 Likes

@MarkKane I had another Scripture for you.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

“The dead” are the spiritually dead. Those on the wrong side of the Gulf.

3 Likes

I love this topic and discussion, great job @brandon

1 Like